Martin Blais recently announced that he'd like to re-organize the beancount code and split out some functionality into separate projects, including the beancount to ledger/hledger conversion code previously provided by bean-report.
I agreed to take on the maintenance of this code and I've now released beancount2ledger, a beancount to ledger/hledger converter.
You can install beancount2ledger with pip:
pip3 install beancount2ledger
There are a number of outstanding issues I'll fix soon, but please report any other issues you encounter.
Note that I'm not very familiar with hledger. I intend to sync up with hledger author Simon Michael soon, but please file an issue if you notice any problems with the hledger conversion.
Version 1.1 contains a number of fixes compared to the latest code in bean-report:
- Preserve metadata information (issue #3)
- Preserve cost information (lot dates and lot labels/notes) (issue #5)
- Avoid adding two prices in hledger (issue #2)
- Avoid trailing whitespace in account open declarations (issue #6)
- Fix indentation issue in postings (issue #8)
- Fix indentation issue in price entries
- Drop time information from price (
- Add documentation
- Relicense under GPL-2.0-or-later (issue #1)
- Split ledger and hledger conversion from
bean-reportinto a standalone tool
- Add man page for