I released version 2.3 of ledger2beancount, a ledger to beancount converter.
There are three notable changes with this release:
- Performance has significantly improved. One large, real-world test case has gone from around 160 seconds to 33 seconds. A smaller test case has gone from 11 seconds to ~3.5 seconds.
- The documentation is available online now (via Read the Docs).
- The repository has moved to the beancount GitHub organization.
Here are the changes in 2.3:
- Improve speed of ledger2beancount significantly
- Improve parsing of postings for accuracy and speed
- Improve support for inline math
- Handle lots without cost
- Fix parsing of lot notes followed by a virtual price
- Add support for lot value expressions
- Make parsing of numbers more strict
- Fix behaviour of dates without year
- Accept default ledger date formats without configuration
- Fix implicit conversions with negative prices
- Convert implicit conversions in a more idiomatic way
- Avoid introducing trailing whitespace with hledger input
- Fix loading of config file
- Skip ledger directive
- Convert documentation to
Thanks to Colin Dean for some feedback. Thanks to Stefano Zacchiroli for prompting me into investigating performance issues (and thanks to the developers of the Devel::NYTProf profiler).
You can get ledger2beancount from GitHub